License Cost: $50.00 (Cash Only)
Monday - Thursday 8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Friday 8:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Miami Co. Safety Building
201 W. Main St.
Troy, OH 45373
(2nd Floor, turn left off elevator)
Click a link below to jump to that topic
Marriage License Requirements
Information Needed to Complete an Application
- Applicants must appear together at Probate Court. Please allow one (1) hour to complete the application process.
- At least one of the applicants must be a resident of Miami County and the marriage must be performed in the State of Ohio. If both applicants are from out of state but wish to be married in Miami County, they must obtain their license in Miami County.
- A valid identification is required for an applicant, age 18 years or younger.
- If either applicant has been previously married and divorced, a file-stamped copy of the final order granting the divorce or dissolution is required for ALL previous divorces/dissolutions.
- Cost of the license is $50 (Cash Only). Checks and credit cards are not accepted.
- There is no waiting period. The license may be used the day it is issued. It must be used within 60 days. The day of issue is day one.
- No blood test is required.
- If either applicant is under 18 years of age
- Fill out Marriage Counseling Form
- Contact the Probate Court for further requirements
- Full name (first, middle, last) of both applicants
- Social Security number of both applicants
- Current address of both applicants
- Birth City & State of both applicants
- Birth Date of both applicants
- Name of biological/adoptive parents of both applicants
- Mothers’ maiden names are required
- Occupation of both applicants
- Divorce Information of ALL prior divorces/dissolutions
- Name & Date of Death of deceased spouses
- First names of children who were minors at time of divorce/dissolution or death of spouse
- Name of party to perform marriage (if known)
- Place of marriage (if known)
Who May Perform a Marriage Ceremony
Only a duly ordained or licensed minister who is registered with the Secretary of the State of Ohio,
a Judge, a Mayor, or the Superintendent of the State School for the Deaf may solemnize a marriage.
To find out if your minister has a license to perform marriages OR to obtain an application for a license to solemnize marriages, visit the
Ohio Secretary of State website
Civil Ceremony Information
Miami County Municipal Court
Old Courthouse, 3rd Floor
215 W. Main St.
Troy, OH 45373
After Marriage Requirements
- Please call Probate Court approximately one week after the wedding ceremony to verify the return of your Marriage Certificate. (937) 440-6050.
- A certified copy of the marriage record is needed for the bride or groom to change their marital status and last name with the Social Security Administration. Please visit Social Security for additional requirements at: www.socialsecurity.gov
- To obtain a certified copy of your marriage record
- Requests in Person
- Please call Probate Court (937-440-6050) to verify the return of your marriage certificate
- Anyone can pick up the record for you
- Come to the Probate Court to pick up your copies
- Copies are $2 each (exact change is appreciated)
- Information the Court needs to find your record
- Names of both applicants
- Name of bride prior to marriage
- Date (or approximate date) of marriage
- Requests by Mail
Copyright © 2009-2012 Miami County Juvenile/Probate Court